Wednesday, February 4, 2009

World's Best (Edible?) All Natural Corn Litter

I like to keep a good stock of cat food and litter in case I'm too busy to get replenishments when they run out. So when one of my favourite pet shops, Pet Epicure, had a special 1-day 10% discount, I took the opportunity to load up on supplies.

However, they didn't stock clay cat litter, so I decided to try another similar product - corn cat litter! I suppose that means it's a little less harmful than clay if the cat ingests it, right? After all, don't many manufacturers use corn in cat food?

Keyword: Food. I didn't think about that. Needless to say, I was surprised when my cats actually took turns to sniff and... nibbled on the cat litter! I was a bit worried that my cats would get confused and pee elsewhere but they eventually figured it out. But when my husband cleaned and topped up the litter, they started nibbling the litter again...

Oh dear. I think we'll revert to clay litter. At least the cats don't try to eat it and it's better at controlling odour.

No comments:

Post a Comment