Sunday, February 15, 2009

Free home grown cat grass

Cat grass is good for digestion, and helps make it easier for a cat to eliminate fur balls.

In the west, cat grass is typically grass grown from wheat, oat, barley, or rye seeds.

In the east, my friend taught me that you can find the Malaysian version of cat grass around the bushes.

I found mine growing at the roots of trees in a playground. A friendly neighbour's cat was chewing on it.

I scooped some of the grass into my pot, brought it back home, and put it on the balcony banister away from prying eyes. It didn't work because one of my cats is a bit of gymnast. Friesia spotted it, and eagerly leapt onto the banister to chew the cat grass. I kept pushing her down and told her "No" and bobbed her nose. She knows what I mean but she ignored my command and leapt up onto the banister again. That's it, balcony's out of bounds for Friesia, until she learns not to jump on the banister!

No comments:

Post a Comment