Monday, February 9, 2009

Oatey harvests catnip

A few months a go, my friend gave me some catnip plants to grow for my cats. They grew for a while but then one by one shrivelled and died. For sometime, I didn't have catnip until about a month or so ago, a few sprouted out. I was waiting for one of them to grow until the spores fully bloomed before uprooting them for my cats to chew on.

My cats didn't seem to realise the catnip was there until today. The pot of grass was bare from overgrazing. Oatey was looking for a mid-morning snack to chew on. That was when he sniffed upon the pot of catnip!

As you can see from the pictures, Oatey really enjoyed chewing on his harvest that he wants to keep every bit for himself. Luckily I managed to salvage some spores and sprinkle over a few pots. Let's hope the catnip grows again ;-)








No comments:

Post a Comment