Friday, February 6, 2009

Where to fly a kite in KL

Kepong Metropolitan Park. I accidentally discovered this gem on the way to The Malay Teahouse in FRIM Kepong. It was windy that day, so there were many people, young and old, flying kites of different shapes and sizes. If you haven't got a kite, don't worry, because you can buy one from one of the kite stalls in the park.

That's just the way I discover interesting places in KL - by chance. Personally, I prefer to discover places through google rather than burn petrol in my quest for such places. I found out later that other people EXCEPT KL city council (DBKL) have written about this "famous park": KL city guide, Malaysia vacation guide, allmalaysia.info. The lack of online info from the authorities is very Malaysian. Even the Tokyo city council has a drab page describing their famous Tsukiji fish market in English! That's one of the reasons why I started this blog - to fill in the information gap on things to do in KL apart from shopping.

Last weekend I tried flying my kite at the park but only managed to get it in the air for 2 mins at most. So after about half an hour trying, my husband and I packed up and left.

Wouldn't it be nice if there is a wind sensor at the park, which sends daily information of wind speeds at the park? That would save a lot of time and petrol for kite enthusiasts. As usual, I googled to find out.

The best I could find is a weather forecast for KL/Subang from timeanddate (not a Malaysian website). Funny that foreigners seem to know more about our weather than our national weather forecasting agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment