Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dirt basket for indoor cats



Is your indoor cat experiencing the following symptoms?
  1. Rolls over fresh sandy cat litter
  2. Walks over plants
  3. Rubs back on balcony patio floor as if it's laced with catnip.
My cats definitely were. My friend says it's because they miss being in the wild.

To bring my cats closer to nature, I took my friend's suggestion to make a dirt basket. A dirt basket is basically a container with some soil, or sand. Of course, the container needs to be large enough to fit at least one cat. In the photo, I used an old Ikea litter tray (with curved sides for better dirt containment), filled it with soil, and placed it on the balcony patio floor.

Within a minute, the dirt basket received paws of approval from Friesia. A few moments later, Oatey shoved off Friesia to give his roll of approval in the dirt basket and curled up to sleep in it for the afternoon. The cats love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment