Friday, February 27, 2009

Friesia's Tuck Shop Part II

Well, actually it's a cat activity centre made out of reused items. I couldn't help calling this post a tuck shop because Friesia's got her "Can I help you, prrr?" cat sales rep expression. Also the box makes her look like she's in a little tuck shop booth.

In retrospect, I probably wouldn't build a cat activity centre out of old mineral water boxes again in the future. The cardboard is too thin, and would only safely hold Friesia's weight - if she's careful. No chance for Oatey - last time he tried jumping onto the box, the flaps peeved in and Oatey slipped into the box. Needless to say, Oatey was put off by the experience and wouldn't risk climbing the box even to chase a string.

I suppose thicker cardboard boxes would make a cat activity centre more sturdy. Not sure whether there are places in KL / Klang Valley that sell them at discount prices. I managed to get a sturdy cardboard box from a hardware store but I doubt the owners would let me walk away with 10 boxes just like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment