Thursday, February 5, 2009

Using gloves to remove cat hair from sofa

Removing cat hair from the sofa is the most arduous task of my vacuum cleaning activities. It could easily take me 30mins to remove 1 week's worth of cat hair from the sofa using a vacuum with rotating brush.

Occasionally, I'm too lazy to lug the vacuum cleaner, and resort to the expensive sticky 3M roller for pet hair (RM20 for refill, RM30 sticky roll with roller). I find that the 3M roller picks up more cat hair compared to the RM10 roller from Ikea.

I wondered whether there are more efficient ways to remove pet hair and found suggestions such as using packing tape, brush with bristles, rubber brush, and rubber gloves.

I tried the brush with bristles and gloves suggestions. Between the two, I prefer gloves because it seems less abrasive than a brush with bristles. It feels more natural to me to to just run my hands over the sofa to collect the fur. As you can see from the pic, the gloves do a good job collecting fur. On another sofa covered with a new rug, the gloves even picked up lint from the rug!

I'd still supplement the work with vacuuming to pick up fine dust. But at least I won't have to spend so much time vacuuming the sofa!

No comments:

Post a Comment