Saturday, April 4, 2009

Cats and toiletries don't mix

March has been a busy month with family, so I haven't been posting as much as I should have. Thanks Shu for reminding me to keep writing :) I'll try to post at least once a week.

Last weekend, my parents came to stay with me overnight because they wanted to visit my sick grandmother who's living with one of my aunts nearby.

As usual, I put Oatey and Friesia into the master bathroom, along with their litter tray, scratch post, rug, water, and toys. Later on Sunday afternoon after my parents had left, I noticed Friesia had a bald patch of sore skin near her thigh. Both of my favourite vet clinics, Right Angle (Petaling Jaya), and Anicare (Wangsa Maju) had closed by the time I realised, so I decided to take Friesia the following day to Anicare because it was nearer to home.

Could it be mange or some skin parasite? Or did Oatey bite off Friesia's fur? Dr Christina examined Friesia, and concluded that it was probably chemical burn. And that was when I remembered that I did not remove my toiletries, cleaning bottles, and even the toilet brush out of the bathroom when I put Oatey and Friesia in! How silly of me.

Dr Christina prescribed the standard treatment - antibiotics and some medicated cream for Friesia. I haven't found any vets in KL who homeopathy like Dr Pitcairn.

No comments:

Post a Comment